Home Forums The Annex Board 3 more got their pink slips

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    IzzyB
    Participant

The only reason I liked Taylor was because it softened EJ and would finally get him out of Sami’s life.  Which I am sooooooo sick of EJ in Sami’s life.  That is so tiresome.

IzzyB
    Participant

Or am I wrong?  I thought J&M would be starting after the Will Gay SL starts?  Also, why not give a SL a chance before it is even onscreen?  We are always asking for something new and this is something new for Days.  I personally am excited to get something new and modern on Days, but I hope it plays out properly.

53tdogs
    Participant

poorly and negatively received, (that first scene with seeing EJ on the pier was run into the ground until we were all hurling!).  Not to mention the "new and improved" Taylor – she just didn’t resonate with us.  The character was ill conceived and not too many of the fans cared for the story line or either of the actresses who played the character, the show’s writers should have taken the hint when we first started complaining about Taylor months ago…but no, in their usual "wisdom" and stubborness to shoot the show in the foot, they kept at it.   

IzzyB
    Participant

The show is taped 3 months in advance, so when the fans don’t like something it takes 3 months to fix it.  Their first fix was a re-cast, the second is bye bye Taylor.  I honestly don’t hate her as much as you guys, but I guess I just see it as a way that EJ gets away from Sami.

Bonbon
    Participant

I don’t know why they can never give us anything we want.  I mean, hell, at least throw us a fish every once in a while.  Yes, they put them together but not happily.  It’s going to be pretty impossible now though with all the hatred and animosity that’s gone down between them.  But, oh, they could have made such a great couple with so much potential.  What a wasted opportunity.

majenco
    Participant

I am sad to see Chloe go but let’s face it her character was ruined years ago.  I will miss Stefano but feel if EJ stops being so P-whipped he will be a suitable replacement.  The rest….good riddance!

53tdogs
    Participant

EJ and Nicole together again…ableit "not happily" as you mentioned Bonbon, and then the writer’s went off on one of their famous tangents of the triangle yet again with introducing, no make that throwing the character of Taylor into the mix.  

Punky
    Participant

hoping the changes help the show but I hope they can write for those who they are bringing back. If Marlena is crying again in every single show I’ll be fast forwarding through all of that. She can do more so I hope they give it to her. Also I hope they leave Belle and Shawn off. If it is not Jason Cook then no…..I will miss Chloe’s scenes with Nicole. I also hope Taylor’s exit does not mean EJ will want Sami again. I agree with IzzyB. That’s been done to death…NEXT!

Punky
    Participant

it takes 3 months to fix why was Charity Rahmer out before she even aired and it took so long to change or recast Taylor? Producers were that unaware?

Ksee
    Participant

Yeah but look how long it took them to get Billie out of Bo’s life!

SW
    Participant

was "available" and they thought, "hmm, maybe she’ll bring some GH fans over." And, when she didn’t get received very well, "Oh, TB is available, let’s bring her back as a different character, her fans will come too, right, and our fans will just forget she was Ava V."  Wrong!   Y&R tried this same thing with Maura West being brought on to play Diane and I see where they are dropping her too.  Diane would have been much older than Maura but they ignore that if they think they will get more people to watch.  TB looks much older than Nicole when she should have been a lot younger.  I know logic/time/ages don’t work on Days but you mess around too much and the fans do revolt!  I’m still surprised KC hasn’t dropped the gay storyline as I see a lot of people who are not interested in it and are saying they won’t watch.  

mommytutu
    Participant

I think Marlena coming back could be great especially if they have her with Will. We all know that he is going to be coming out as gay. I have no issue with that storyline, I just want it to be done sensitively to the character and to the viewers who may have issues. Marlena and Will could have so many great scenes especially if she is able to help him come to grips with his sexuality. I would also like to see more interaction with her and Sami. Yesterday Sami finally said what we’ve all said, Rafe 2 raped her. This poor character has now been raped 3 times. You can’t tell me that doesn’t mess with your head. Sami needs her mom, so I want Marlena to be the mom/matriarch and be strong for her family. No more whiny wimpy Marlena. And John–can’t wait! He is uber awesome!

IzzyB
    Participant

I have always liked EJ and Nicole together.  I think she is able to handle him and they both are bad people with a soft/good side.

IzzyB
    Participant

If so, anyone could see how BAD of an actress she was.  She was gone before she hit the air because she did not fit at all, I am surprised she got past screen testing.

The first taylor actress was not bad, in fact she was on another soap.  She just didn’t mix well with all the fans.  I personally had no issues with the first Taylor acting wise.

Patti
    Participant

Will and Sami both need Marlena’s help desperately right now.  If the new writers show Will’s coming out the right way, I think it could be a very beautiful story to stress the sensitivity and inward battles this young man will have to go through would be the way to go.  What I don’t want to see is a full-blown sexual love-fest and all that would entail between the actors.  The heartbreak, confusion and feelings of hidden shame and guilt plus fear of rejection Will would have finally admitting to his own self that he is gay would definitely be the way I would prefer to see this story unfold.  And you are so right about Sami needing Marlena in her life right now, especially with her fear of losing her children to the DiMeras.  Sami fights her battles well, but she definitely could use her mom’s counseling and guidance now.  I think she’s trying her best to stay strong right now, and Rafe is certainly the perfect mate for Sami, because he does give her perspective and the ability to recognize when she makes bad choices, but she still makes them.  Marlena would be perfect as the combination mom/doc who could step into a situation where Sami would think before she acts.  John, I hope, will be healthy and back to his old self, ready to join Rafe, Bo, Hope and Roman to do battle with the DiMeras.  I can’t wait for their return.  I haven’t been this excited about a return in ….. well ….. ever!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.