Home Forums The Annex Board 3 more got their pink slips

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    DeeLan
    Participant

Just read on Days Talk and Soap Opera Digest that Chloe, Quinn and Taylor will be leaving. 

Days Talk says neither actress that played Taylor was well received (no kidding)  They also speculate that the rumors of Joseph Mascolo retiring is possibly the 6th one Corday referred to.

Soap Opera Digest…http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/more-exits-days

Days Talk…http://www.daystalk.com/2011/06/07/quinn-chloe-and-taylor-next-to-leave-salem/

Nora
    Participant

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!   HAPPY DAY! 

Kind of sad about Chloe, but i sure wish they took her character a different direction.  Quinn I never invested yet.  but not JOE!  I’d miss him actually!  wonder how they’ll get rid of him, his health?  Eh, they can bring him back to life whenever anyway.

But YAY No more Taylor!!!  YIPEE!   Tamara was well received?  By who???

Carol J
    Participant

When I tell my husband Chloe is leaving, I expect some tears.

bluebonnet
    Participant

I will really, really miss him. He has always been one of my favorite characters. If he retires, I hope he comes back from time to time. I am thrilled about Taylor. I’m ok with Quinn leaving, but did enjoy Chloe when her character wasn’t so much on the downslide.

Karen Inna
    Participant

Yayy, But if Stefano goes please take Kate. 

53tdogs
    Participant

miss Stephanobut the rest no, not so much.  Chloe hasn’t been a character I’ve cared about in three or so years now, but I blame the PTB for making her a wide eyed dolly instead of a believable woman, not the actress.  And Taylor gone?  I will have to start watching the show again, the first day after she has departed! 

Patti
    Participant

the head-writer (DH) exclusively if the characters were "not well received."  This woman and her controlled staff ripped these characters apart, and just like Humpty Dumpty, they could never be put back together again.  I realize Taylor and Quinn are somewhat new, but with Vivian being written off, I see no use for Quinn whatsoever.  Taylor will probably leave once she finds out about the "real" E.J. DiMera.  But, too little too late after such horrific writing.  As for Joe Mascolo, I should think that it would be his choice and not Corday’s, if in fact he does leave.  The man is probably just getting fed up with work, and sometimes you can plainly see that he is not a happy camper any longer.  Time for him to retire and hand over the reins to E.J., Chad and, hopefully, Lexi.  Give this beautiful and talented actress a good storyline and make her just a little bad.  If that means sending Abe off into the wild blue yonder, then so be it.  The man has had nothing to do forever now.  I’m surprised they gave up on Taylor so quickly, but I just can’t see any chemistry whatsoever with her and E.J., and that’s the truth.  Guess we’ll probably see a reuniting of Nicole and Brady at some point, but whatever happens, the returns will be more interesting to me now.  If Corday is to be believed, the show is returning to its "roots," being family, love and romance.  I would like to see them bring Anna back for Roman, though.

kprstrs
    Participant

I will start watching again when John and Marlena are back…but only until the gay storyline starts, then it’s bye-bye for me again.

53tdogs
    Participant

writers to pick up a good story line for him again instead of the years and years of him saying "What’dahell?"  And yes, to your point Patti about Lexie, she needs a good story line and would be great following in her father’s footsteps as a "baddy".  She played that kind of part before, she could do it again, and being Stephano’s oldest now, she should take over the reins of the DeEmpire!

Ksee
    Participant

Maybe Chloe will take down Quinn and his "business" and then move on to where Phillip is to be near Parker

Bonbon
    Participant

Well that’s the understatement of the year.  With the exception of Patti I don’t think there’s a person on this site that likes her.  Short of bashing them over the head, I don’t know what else we could have done to convey that.  I can’t remember when there was a character who was so poorly (and negatively) received by the fans.

Patti
    Participant

always have, always will.  As for the character of Taylor, that failure was a direct result of the failure to write for her.  Having introduced her as this character who made a fool out of E.J. DiMera by this instant, lightening-bolt love-fest was probably the biggest mistake this show has ever made.  They blew it not only for the actors involved, but the fans were outraged by it and because of it, the character of Taylor took the heat for it.  Now, if you must know, the character I certainly and positively DO disagree with everyone on is Nicole, who I truly hope gets what she deserves well before Taylor is long-gone.   The fight yesterday made E.J. look worse that he has been looking, if that’s even possible.  What he should have done as E.J. DiMera was nothing like what was depicted on my screen.  I was screaming at him to get up and knock that shrew on her ass.

mommytutu
    Participant

I have always liked Nadia Bjorlin, but they did nothing with her character but butcher it. From the get go she was just given crap. Also, they certainly exploited those boobs of hers. I guess they thought if we got a lot of cleavage we could ignore the awful storylines they had her in. I’m wondering what will happen to Daniel. I kept hoping with Carly gone and Phillip gone, maybe Daniel and Chloe would get back together–they had chemistry.

As for Quinn, I love the accent, but I’ve not warmed to the character, so no loss for me. And the understatement of the year goes to Corday for saying the viewers never warmed to Taylor. Good riddance! I hated the character from the start. YUCK!!!!

If Joe retires, please take Kate. I just don’t see her purpose. I like Lauren, but she is also without a storyline. There are no kids for her to meddle with now and I just see her as Stefano’s side-kick.

justwondering
    Participant

There is no connection with Quinn, he hasn’t been around long enough to matter. Since Viv is going, not point having him stay.

Taylor—that was a gimme, didn’t work with either actress. I really didn’t see the point of recasting. Just hope this doiesn’t mean tha EJ will want Sami again!! Maybe he should concnetrate on business.

Not much use for Chloe, maybe they will have her go to live with Philip and Parker. Would like to see her smarter than she is written.

As for Stefano—say it ain’t so, Joe. Would really miss him!!!!!!!

53tdogs
    Participant

boobs…and the reason I laughed – I was wondering if the writer’s realize that it is "mostly" women who watch DOOL and we don’t droooooooool over boobs – we have our own and see them every day. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.