Home Forums Salem Place: The Main Board 50 Greatest Days Couples

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    jwsel
    Participant

Top 5:  Tom and Alice, Bo and Hope, John and Marlena, Doug and Julie, and Steve and Kayla.  (Not necessarily in that order.)

Rounding out the top 10 would be Shane and Kimberly, Jack and Jennifer, Tony and Anna, and Mickey and Maggie.  Maybe also Shawn and Caroline?  Shane and Kim might be dropped for the same reason that site ranked them fairly low in the top characters — because they did not come back over time.  However, the Shane and Kim relationship was front-burner from late 1984 through early 1990, which is generally considered the golden age of Days, so I definitely think it deserves top 10 status.

53tdogs
    Participant

Days…too bad they don’t do reruns so I could see the hehdays.  I started watching late June 1991 through now and have sat through some doozy story lines that were way beyond weird and bizzare.  Tony and the tiger, Marlena’s possession, Hope and John on the submarine, the twins from the space ship, Vivian stealing Phillip as the egg, just to name a few of them.

jwsel
    Participant

And you kept watching?  LOL

Most of the 80s stuff is on YouTube, so if you want to invest the time, you can watch it.   You can watch the early Bo and Hope, Roman/Marlena (with both Wayne Northrop’s Roman and Drake’s Roman — before he became John Black again), Shane and Kim, and Steve and Kayla.  A lot of the clips are couples edits, but there are some that are done by storyline so you can see how well the show interweaved the different characters and stories.

53tdogs
    Participant

the hospital bed for six weeks with broken bones and the little old lady who was in the bed next to me filled me in on the SL’s and who was who each day with most of the history – so by the time I got the heck outta there…I came out of the hospital with an addiction to "Days" and have been majorly hooked ever since.  I may try and surf some of the 80’s stuff on YT someday soon – thanks for the info. 

daysfanforever
    Participant

32. Philip and Belle

33. Max and Chelsea

34. EJ and Sami

35. Shawn and Caroline

daysfanforever
    Participant

28. Doug and Addie

29. Victor and Kate

30. Mike and Robin

31. Austin and Sami

53tdogs
    Participant

Sami is going to be in every ten count, she’s had so many men…

daysfanforever
    Participant

Sorry, but I think that’s just perfect for Sami and EJ, Sami and Lucas will probably be in the top 20!

Patti
    Participant

waaaayyyyy higher than Sami and E.J., just because of their longevity together as a couple alone.  Sami and Lucas were rightfully considered a super couple back in their day; E.J. and Sami never could claim that status.

daysfanforever
    Participant

interesting to read about them

daysfanforever
    Participant

25. Eugene and Calliope

26. Don and Marlena

alonzo24o
    Participant

There’ve been a few more updates.

20. Justin and Adrienne

21. Mike and Carrie

22. Neil and Liz

23. Victor and Caroline

24. Brady and Chloe

I like this list a lot. What do we think will be the top 10? Obviouslies Bo and Hope, Jack and Jennifer, John and Marlena, Tom and Alice, Doug and Julie, Mickey and Maggie. Who else?

daysfanforever
    Participant

I hope Lucas & Sami make at least top 15!

daysfanforever
    Participant

The blogger chose to end the list without posting their thoughts because they are going through some personal stuff, so the top 15 doesn’t have their thoughts.

1. Bo and Hope

2. Doug and Julie

3. Tom and Alice

4. John and Marlena

5. Jack and Jennifer

6. Mickey and Maggie

7. Steve and Kayla

8. Lucas and Sami

9. Bill and Laura

10. Roman and Marlena

11. Shane and Kimberly

12. Shawn and Belle

13. Bo and Billie

14.  Tony and Anna

15. John and Isabella

16. Austin and Carrie

17. Abe and Lexie

18. Philip and Chloe

19. Bo and Carly

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.