Home Forums The Brady Pub 2017 NFL Season

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Thought I’d start a new thread for all us football lovers.
    Winners all – Ravs, Bills, Pack!! Patti, I am ever so impressed with your “D” – saw this even in preseason. This will hold the Ravs in good stead over the season. Good to see a Bills victory, but hey, it’s only the lowly Jets. Next week against Carolina will be a true test.
    But nice for all of us to celebrate this week!

Patti
    Participant

but I’m absolutely thrilled we all (you, me and powerpaws) opened the season with a win.  I’m so proud of the improvement I see in the Ravens.  This is a game of "any given Sunday," so I don’t think of any team as beith either a threat or an automatic loser, but we dominated a divisional rival with a strong defense and our offense paved the way with a solid ground game.  I know Joe must have been wishing he could have had a greater passing game, but that wasn’t in the cards for our opener against the Bengals, and I think that really threw their game off.  In any case, it was great that the Ravens, the Bills and the Pack all opened with a victory.  Now, let’s keep it going, shall we???  

casey
    Participant

I really think the Ravs have something going this season. Regrettably my Bills were anemic on offense against the Panthers, but our D acquitted themselves admirably, sacking Newton 6 times and holding them to field goals. The Bills just don’t have a good pass game. Already looking forward to the rich college QB crop next year.
    Boy, PowerPaw, had to feel for GB. Hard to win with half your offensive starters out of the lineup. Still, AR is always a treat to watch and sped to 300 TDs quicker than anyone. Good news is you guys get the Bengals next week!

powerpaw2
    Participant

Lol I was thinking about y’all yesterday. Patti I’m sure you’re excited about playing the Jags this weekend. They’re my home team and I’m rooting for them, but don’t have much faith that they will pull out a win.

Patti
    Participant

the new kids on the block are doing a great job, and our vets are looking great, too; especially Suggs, who looks like a lean, mean machine this season.  Special teams for the Ravens are doing much better this season and, finally, Joe had a much better passing game this week.  Now, we’ll be in London for game 3.  Hope the time difference doesn’t screw with our heads and mess up what looks like the start of something big for us this year.  Fingers crossed.

Sorry your Bills weren’t up to par this past week casey, and looks like the Pack felt the sting as well with Atlanta getting the win over the great Aaron Rogers.  I know that one stung like hell, powerpaws, but both the Bills and the Pack are much too good to take those losses lying down and rolling over.  I expect good things from two exceptional QBs like Rogers and Taylor, and like Joe Flacco, they will always be a threat to whoever they face.

Good luck to all in game 3.

powerpaw2
    Participant

Big win for you today Casey.

Patti, I didn’t see that coming this morning.  I checked the score while playing golf and couldn’t believe my eyes.

Dear God, please get the Pack healthy. It’s only week 3 for Pete’s sake.

casey
    Participant

for you! Hard to believe Rodger’s first OT win. I just knew they’d pull it out. Jordy is such a cog in that wheel. Enjoyed watching.
    Patti what happened to the Ravs?? I guess London didn’t agree with them? I hate those abroad games.
    Nice to see how the Bills D is keeping the boys in the games. But next up is Atlanta, a true rough test.

Patti
    Participant

because that’s the norm when we play the Jags, who were spectactular yesterday by the way, but what I didn’t expect was a blow-out where the whole Ravens team didn’t show up to play the game.  The offense disappearing is no surprise, we’re so banged up, but the disappearance of our D still has me scratching my head this morning, Flacco’s horrific performance finishing with the lowest single game quarterback rating of his career, and no offensive line to protect him.  Guess I should have been a little more suspect when we started the game with four three and outs in a row, and followed with ten turnovers and two interceptions.  A loss like that can sure have the Charm City fans rethinking our first two starts.  All we can hope is that the undoubtedly miserable long flight home gave the Ravens, coaches and players alike, time to reflect on what went wrong and fix it before next week when we have to face the Steelers, another division rival for us, who also lost their game yesterday.  At least we’ll be at home for that one, but I’m going into it without any false hopes or prediction, just a truth I have always abided by and that’s "any given Sunday."

Anyway, powerpaws and casey, good for the Pack pulling out an overtime win, which I believe is their first one, and nice win for the Bills as well, casey.  

casey
    Participant

Wow Power Paw, that hit on Adams was among the worst I’ve seen. I hope he’ll be okay and why oh why wasn’t the guy ejected from the game?
    On the bright side yet again AR put the wounded team on his shoulders and carried out a fairly easy win. Hoping you get some of your guys back soon.
    PS: Really enjoying color analyst Tony Romo. Yeah, he talks a lot and can get goofy, but I love how he is pointing out tendencies and giving us the player’s approach in a way I’ve never heard. He’s kind of the new John Madden but taking it even further.

casey
    Participant

Congrats PP and Patti. Regrettably, Bills anemic offense got further waylaid with TE Clay’s injury and WR Matthews out to begin with. Their D is still playing great, but without any semblance of a pass game, this year doesn’t bode well going forward. KC looks like a powerhouse.

Patti
    Participant

we had a golden opportunity to win after the tie and going into overtime, and then blew it.  Our offense was simply horrid yesterday.  Then, the Steelers, who haven’t been playing their usual magnificent game, wind up beating the first place Chiefs, who were 3-0 going into their game, even though Big Ben still hasn’t quite found himself this season.  I honestly don’t know what is wrong with Joe Flacco; perhaps its our OC who’s all over the place week to week with the ground game to the passing game….whatever, we should have taken that game yesterday, but once again fell short.

Really a tough one for the Pack losing Rogers for the season with a broken collarbone.  I saw that takedown and knew Aaron was in big trouble, even before they brought out the cart.

Same tough luck happening with the Bills as well.  Well, all we can do is keep the faith, even though the injuries keep mounting for all of our teams.

casey
    Participant

unpredictable wackiest season ever. I could not tell you who all is headed to the playoffs as the Pats are vulnerable and the Jets are surprising everyone and you just never know who will win from week to week. Am impressed with rookie Watson at Houston. And so many key injuries. PP, the loss of AR is a crusher. I hope Green Bay can cobble enough games together that maybe Aaron can come back late season.

powerpaw2
    Participant

I hope Hundley can settle his nerves.  He looked really good in preseason, but then again it was preseason.

Watson is a class act too.  He donated a week’s salary to some cafeteria workers at the stadium in Houston who were impacted by Hurricane Harvey.

powerpaw2
    Participant

I couldn’t believe he went TWO YARDS over the line of scrimmage and threw the ball.  Makes you wonder if his head was somewhere else.  

casey
    Participant

Loved how your Ravs mowed down the Dolphins for my Bills. What a bummer – the hit on Joe. I think the Ravens could still do something if he can return. That Allen is really something and JT is hands down phenomenal. The way the ball explodes off his foot and the height he gets – I could watch him all game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.