Home Forums Salem Place: The Main Board 2016 Daytime Emmy Winners….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Patti
    Participant

Although the Emmys were not televised this year, two DOOL ladies took home the golden trophy in the soaps categories, so congratulations to Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady Johnson) for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Daytime Drama; and to True O’Brien (Paige Larson) for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Daytime Drama.  Days also won for best music score, which had to do with the music written for the death of Will Horton.  Anyway, super KUDOS TO Mary Beth and to True.  The reels they submitted were obviously the best in the judges’ opinions.

I believe General Hospital won this years Outstanding Daytime Drama, so congrats to them as well.

The complete list of winners in all categories can be found by Googling 2016 Daytime Emmy Winners.

piewoman
    Participant

also win a second Emmy for her streaming series? And I love the picture that’s on Facebook of Steve Nichols hugging her when her name is called. You can tell they are tried-and-true, long-time great great friends!

Bonbon
    Participant

on the air now, the Emmys had to break down and give some to Days.  It’s about damn time!

I commend the music award because even though I don’t particularly recall the music during Will’s funeral, I have to say that in the last six months or so, the music has been exceptional.  Very much equal with what we would be hearing on the big screen.  So my congratulations to whomever took that trophy home with them, it was well deserved.

Bonbon
    Participant

on the air now, the Emmys had to break down and give some to Days.  It’s about damn time!

I commend the music award because even though I don’t particularly recall the music during Will’s funeral, I have to say that in the last six months or so, the music has been exceptional.  Very much equal with what we would be hearing on the big screen.  So my congratulations to whomever took that trophy home with them, it was well deserved.

Patti
    Participant

one for DOOL and two for her on-line soap, plus one for a producer for that show.  Steve actually broke down in tears for her.  They are such close friends in real life.  It was really beautiful to see.

casey
    Participant

MB win and Paige too. Let’s start a trend for next year!

Patti
    Participant

was the first time, ever, that DOOL has won in the Younger Actress category.  Kudos, True!

Patti
    Participant

it was the score for the actual death of Will.  They supposedly used a 43-piece orchestra for the scene and the entire music team received the Emmy for it.

Actually, the true title of the category was "Outstanding Music Direction and Composition."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.