Home Forums Salem Place: The Main Board 2014 Daytime Emmy Awards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patti
    Participant

No TV this year, but the Emmys were shown live this year on the internet on streamline.com. Here are the soap opera winners

41st Daytime Emmy Awards

Outstanding Drama Series
    The Young and the Restless (CBS)

Outstanding New Approaches Drama Series
    Venice the Series

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
    Eileen Davidson for Days of Our Lives! (NBC)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
    Billy Miller of Young and the Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series
    Chandler Massey of Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series
    Hunter King of Young and the Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team
    One Life to Live (TOLN.com)

Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team
    The Young and the Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
    Amelia Heinle of Young and the Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
    Eric Martsolf of Days of Our Lives (CBS)

Outstanding Drama Series Casting Dept.
    General Hospital (ABC)

Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and
    Composition for a Drama Series
    All My Children

Outstanding Drama Series Original Song
    Parachute, All My Children

Outstanding Drama Series Costume Design
    The Bold and the Beautiful, The Young and the Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Drama Series Makeup
    The Bold and the Beautiful, General Hospital

Outstanding Achievement in Hairstyling for a Drama Series
    The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

So, congratulations to Eric Martsolf (Best Male Supporting Actor, Eileen Davidson (Best Lead Actress for DOOL’s Kristen Dimera) and Chandler Massey (Best Young Actor – although clip shown was with Freddie Smith and current Will, Guy Wilson — stupid). The actual show was horribly produced with once again Kathy Griffin, who is a mess and I despise this woman, who is as crass, crude, and a NOT funny host as possible, with lots of profanity (even by many of the presenters), all of which took away from the glamor of the Emmy Awards. I won’t watch it that way again.

TFlo1018
    Participant

She bugs me too (K. Griff.)   Very annoying – much like Chelsea Handler.

Remember when the EMMYs were HUGE?!?  And when the Soap Opera Digest awards were on after a night time special of Days?  Ah – good times!!!  Night Sins… One Stormy Night… What was the other one?  White Heat or something?  I remember being SO excited to be able to stay up late to watch those with my Mom.  Memories :)  

casey
    Participant

make it to this level? Really, would you want to be her friend? And her crudeness is such a turnoff. I never understand how crass language can be attractive or funny in any way.

Goody
    Participant

Kathy’s vile mouth and behavior are disgusting.  I have seen her briefly while changing channels.  Yuck.

Goody

casey
    Participant

about these award shows is how often winners go to people who have played big drama scenes with lots of angst or emoting. Not to say at all Eric and Eileen didn’t deserve their honor, but I look at someone like Sonny who is more laid back and he’s done some incredible acting in a quieter role. When you can acheive brilliance by playing the ordinary, that should be rewarded.

Bonbon
    Participant

I says a lot that daytime Emmys have been relegated to the Internet now. It looks like the times they are a’changing. Evidently people are doing things other than watching TV during the days now. And we all know soaps are on their last legs.

Such a shame, but if I only have One Life to Live, let me end it in Another World with The Doctors in the General Hospital because we, the Young and the Restless and the Bold and the Beautiful, will certainly leave no Dark Shadows when the end finally comes, but As the World Turns, All My Children, that’s probably the way it’s going to be, now, and for all the Days of our Lives.

Patti
    Participant

perhaps you missed your calling. LOL!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.