Home Forums Salem Place: The Main Board 18-year “Days” vet Richard Bloore returns as costume designer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jason47
    Participant

“DAYS” WELCOMES HOME LONG-TIME COSTUME DESIGNER & HIRES LAUREN KOSLOW’S HUSBAND TOO!

Costume designer Richard Bloore has returned to his post at “Days” after a five-year absence. He replaces Jayne Marie Kehoe, who had been the costumer designer for “Days” since August 2008. Bloore, 58, started his career working for a rock-and-roll designer in the late 1970s. He started his soap career as the costume designer for “Santa Barbara” from 1984-1990. Bloore then joined “Days” as its costume designer in April 1990 and stayed with the show until August 2008. He was Daytime-Emmy nominated for his work at “Days” in 1997, 1999 and 2006. In an interview Bloore did in 2011, he stated that “I just hope I will get another chance at being a part of that family feeling (at work) again.” Well, that chance has now come. Welcome back, Richard, to the “Days” family! Bloore reported back to work earlier this month, so look for his first costume designs on screen beginning around October 1…In previously announced news, Nick Schillace, the husband of Lauren Koslow (Kate) took over as head of the makeup and hair departments earlier this month. Schillace, 59, started his career in daytime at “The Young and the Restless” from 1984-1986, which is where he met his wife and won a Daytime Emmy in 1985. He also has worked at “Knots Landing” (1988-1993) and “Beverly Hills, 90210” (1993-1999). Schillace will also have his work debut on-screen around October 1. He released this statement on Facebook: “O.K…. So here’s the news you’ve been waiting for. It has been in the works for over a year, but it has finally a reality. I have been tapped by the great leadership at Days of Our Lives to help guide the look of the show into the 21st century. That’s right… you heard me… I have been given the opportunity to oversee the makeup and hair department at Days. I am honored and excited to work… alongside the wonderful cast and crew of Days, and to try to make a difference in the look of the show. I want to share the experience on a day to day basis with all of you, and the millions of Days fans out there, so I will be open to suggestions as to the best ways to achieve that. Maybe we can go “Into the Makeup Dept.”. Any way, I wanted to share that with all of you. I will be keeping you posted, but until then, “keep your powder dry”.

bloorerichard2011.jpg

casey
    Participant

Please do something about Jennifer’s wardrobe!

mommytutu
    Participant

I don’t think she could get any frumpier.

Patti
    Participant

a boost into the 21st century, that’s for sure.

casey
    Participant

was quite nice.

cornbread
    Participant

Holy Kelly Clarkson! What the heck have they done to Chad’s hair!!! For the love of Cheeto’s do something. QUICK!

mommytutu
    Participant

I’ve been complaining for the last month about his Gypsy do. Even my 15 yr. old daughter aske me yesterday what the heck was up with his hair? We live on the west coast and no one here wears their hair like that. He’s been watching too much TLC.

Bonbon
    Participant

I think they have been doing quite well. I think Jen’s wardrobe has improved considerably. Heck, even Kayla’s has gotten better…not good but better. I really don’t have a problem with anyone’s. And, other than Chad’s disaster, I think hair has been pretty decent also with the occasional exception when they are trying to be unique.

casey
    Participant

that hideous top off Abby. It looked dirty, thin and cheap and I thought it didn’t do a thing for her. I’d use it as a rag – no kidding!

Patti
    Participant

seeing Kayla —- when we do see Kayla —- in nothing but a lab coat is ‘getting better’, then okay, I guess. LOL!

Patti
    Participant

seeing these people, in Salem time, of course, in the same outfit for a week or so, is more unattractive than seeing them in an outfit I don’t care for. Then, we have a day like today, where Nicole is at the hospital in one outfit, and then back at the rectory she has not only a different outfit, but a different hairdo as well, all on the same day. Go figure!

lynnekaren
    Participant

Nicole was dressed the day before in that outfit and said she stayed all night at the hospital, so she was in the same outfit. The outfit at the rectory was after they got back. I’m assuming she showered and changed there since she lives there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.