Home Forums Salem Place: The Main Board 1/4 of the way through today’s show (Tuesday) – and the thought came to mind…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    53tdogs
    Participant

isn’t Daniel being with Parker exactly like EJ was with Sydney?  Kicking him to the curb because he’s "not his son" ?  So much for the Salem men’s paternal nurturing instincts.

majenco
    Participant

Daniel is so self rightious.  It’s all BS.  He had no problem cheating with Chloe when she was with Lucas.  He had no problem sleeping with both Kate and her granddaughter (no not at the same time people but still!).  He had no problem sleeping with Carly when she was married.  Now all of the sudden he wants to take the moral high ground with Chloe, GMAB!  He just wants to kick the child he said he "loved" to the curb. 

DeeLan
    Participant

I’m not seeing it that way.  He’s hurting and he knows the boy’s not his son yet he’s still providing for him and Chloe by getting them an apartment and paying rent on it.   He doesn’t want to be with Chloe and since she is Parker’s mother that means if Chloe goes then Parker goes too but he’s not kicking them to the curb just relocating them. 

Kate did mention how Daniel now knows how Lucas felt so at least she didn’t forget.

majenco
    Participant

I guess he’s not kicking him to the curb but he really is seeing the whole thing as pretty black and white as it effects him.  If he loved Parker before he should love him now.  He’s saying he loved Chloe more than life itself and yet he will not bend and try in any way to understand her side of it.  He just comes off as self absorbed.

mommytutu
    Participant

Melanie slept with how many guys before marrying Phillip? Kate and Victor bad mouthing Chloe–that’s rich considering Kate’s hooker past and murderous past too and we all know Victor is no saint. I’m sick of all the name calling in regards to Chloe.

justwondering
    Participant

Apparently the only person who truly loves a child unconditionally is Nicole. Her love for Sydney has never wavered!!! 

Patti
    Participant

everything that’s said or done in soaps and apply it to the present situation at hand, completely disregarding the past, especially the past of the character(s) saying it.  Yeah, right, like that’s ever gonna’ happen.  Maybe TPTB have selective memories; ours, thankfully, are intact and always ready to challenge.  That’s the trouble with a revolving door policy where writers are concerned (especially head-writers); they can’t seem to remember, nor do they care, that we frown upon disrespect for history; and, when all is said and done, we choose to forget more than they will ever know.

Bonbon
    Participant

Daniel never "slept" with Chelsea.

And as far as him providing an appartment and income for them, he is obligated by law to do that.  Parker is legally his son and Chloe is legally his wife until a separate maintenance agreement is formulated and signed.

Another slight difference (and I don’t consider this a good excuse at all, but…) he hasn’t been with Parker as long as EJ was with Sydney.

SW
    Participant

and being ticked off that it was Melanie’s husband that she slept with?  He slept with plenty of women but would he have slept with his son’s (assuming he had one) wife? Not sure!  He didn’t hesitate with mother/daughter and almost granddaughter though. 

DeeLan
    Participant

I do think he still loves Parker.  I see it as now that Phillip knows Parker is his son he’s stepping aside to let Phillip get to know him, something he was NEVER allowed to get to do with Melanie.  

I also agree with those that said he’s more hurt that Chloe slept with his daughter’s husband.  To him right now that’s the lowest 2 people could get.  Then there’s the lies that were kept for 9 months and how many people knew about it and kept it a secret from both him and Malanie. 

casey
    Participant

Daniel tossing off Parker as not his son. He’s dealing with the shock of not only Chloe having a fling w/someone, but Phil of all people – his daughter’s husband. And all the people keeping it from him. And thinking he had this rosy future w/his wife and newborn and it just suddenly collapsing.
    Before he left, you could see it in his face that he wanted to go to Parker. But the overall situation is so abrupt, chaotic and uncertain and Dan’s feelings so raw, he just can’t.

Bonbon
    Participant

it was Philip she had the one-nighter with.  I mean, everybody knows they’ve been together off and on for years and have still remained friends.

dval
    Participant

I guess that being paid to sleep with people and just indiscriminately falling into bed with whomever are two different things, LOL! Seriously though, there is no one in Salem who has a right to throw stones, not even Caroline. Even Julie got around before she finally met up with Doug and really fell in love.

As far as Daniel goes, I don’t think he is ‘kicking" Parker and Chloe to the curb in the same way EJ did with Nicole and Sidney. If EJ hadn’t discovered that Sydney was his baby he would have completely forgotten about her and Nicole after they left the house. I think you can see how much it hurts Daniel to send the baby away with his mother. He feels that the baby should have both of its parents raise him and I guess he sees the handwriting on the wall, as we do, that Chloe and Philip will end up together.  And, even though he is legally the baby’s father at this point, he knows that if Philip wants to raise the baby he doesn’t have a chance against him. Although it would be an interesting story to see who VIctor would side with if that happened.

DeeLan
    Participant

In all honesty, I think Victor would side with Daniel as he knows Phillip is irresponsible and impulisve where Daniel is more responsible and a bit more grounded. 

Kate on the other hand would want Phillip to get custody and kick Chloe to the curb.  Didn’t she even offer to pay her if she left Salem and didn’t take Parker with her. 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.