March 30, 2010 at 4:35 pm #516CatLady54Participant
After not seeing Days for a while, I am fnally starting to catch up with my PVR. I am only to the 2nd week in March, but there are some things that re bothering me that I have to vent somewere and here is the only place I can! (My husband can only take so much.) So, I know that some of this stuff has probably already been mentioned here, but please bear with me so I can just "say it out loud" and move on!
1) Phillip keeps saying Melanie is the love of his life?! I thought Chloe was – no wait, Belle was. No, no, if you didn’t blink for a moment, Stephanie was. I wish the writers would stop using the phrase "Love of my life". We know that except for a few, the character are going to be changing loves like they change clothes!
2) Who dresses Kate? There was a period for a couple of days that she had on a vest, silvery gray shirt, hip huggers and a belt she stole from a rodeo champion that looked so silly, I could concentrate on anything she said! And everything is always so skin tight. Come on DOOL – unless she had Austin & Billie when she was 10 years old, she has to be in mid to late fifties. She can still dress young and not look like she raided an 16 year old cowgirls closet.
3) They are really ruining EJ. I have never been a fan of him & Sami together (Lumi forever, but if not, then Rami will do), I liked him with Nicole, but they are making him soooo bad that I think they could redeem Stefano before the could him. He is so smug and self righteous now and what he is doing to Sami?! And he wonders why she wanted to keep her kids from him?
4) Another person who is acting so self righteous is Hope. How many times did she think she could push Bo away and he would keep waiting for her? You’d think she would learn after she pushed him away when Zack died. Of course, then it was OK when SHe found someone else (Patrick Lockhart) for a while, but Bo is suppose to just wait for her to get over her snit? And now she has forgotten that she’s the one that pushed him away in the 1st place. And then she moves into Victor’s house? A known criminal and not the best of friends to the Brady’s?! It would have made more sense for her to move into the Brady Pub or Grams. I’m sure she would still be able to see Justin enough for him to fall for her.
5) Has Chloe forgotten that HER mother gave her away when she was young?
Whew, do I feel better! Well, that’s all I can think of now – I guess I can start watching again and finish catching up. Sorry this is so long.March 30, 2010 at 5:21 pm #11638SWParticipant
just wait a little longer and I’m sure there will be more things you’ll be ranting about! lol :::said without any offense meant to you::::
The only thing that wasn’t mentioned was #5 About Chloe’s mother giving her away. If I remember correctly, she didn’t give her away but was told she died at birth because her father didn’t want her to find out that Craig was Chloe’s dad. She believed that one of her father’s friends (old doctor guy) was the father from a rape (?). I don’t believe it was consensual with the guy and it happened at a time when she and Craig had just broken up due to a fight. But Chloe would have not being raised by her bio parents and spending years in foster care to sympathize over.March 31, 2010 at 2:40 pm #11662DeeLanParticipant
If I remember correctly Nancy knew Chloe was alive and wasn’t led to beleive she died. Her father was embarassed that his daughter got pregnant and insisted she give the baby up for adoption. Nancy knew she was in that orphanage. BUT I do agree, Chloe should remember that time when her mother brought her into her home and ho she felt finding out Nancy was her mother and later that Craig was her father. She should be more receptive to Melanie and be the one that’s able to help her with her emotions. She should also be able to help Daniel through finding out Melanie is his daughter, all from her own experiences.March 31, 2010 at 3:09 pm #11664PattiParticipant
it’s Melanie that she’s unreceptive to; it’s more Carly. She knows she can’t give Daniel a child, and although it’s painful for her to realize that, I don’t think she is being resentful about it, but Victor has already put the bug in her head about Carly splitting them up, so she’s more worried about Carly than she is about Mel. As for her own situation, even though she hasn’t mentioned it, she has to realize what took place with her own lost childhood and come to understand that Daniel and Melanie need to bond. If she tries to stop it or interferes in any way, it will only show her in a poor light with Daniel, I’m afraid. Oh, well, I think these writers have already made up their minds that they are going to have her running back to Phillip once he goes all bat-*hit crazy over Nathan and Melanie’s obvious feelings for each other. I think it’s ridiculous what these writers are doing to so many relationships right now.April 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm #11700CatLady54Participant
I really liked how when Sami learned the Sydney had "died", she called Lucas to talk to. Once again, that strong bond they have from their long friendship was shown. Why, oh why did the let Bryan go?! He has so many connections to most of the characters – Sami, Maggie, Phillip, Kate, Nicole, Chloe, Will, Julie, Jennifer (if they’re ever smart enough to get her & Jack back), Hope…
DOOL – Bring back Lucas!April 2, 2010 at 12:29 pm #11708PattiParticipant
but Bryan will return for Alice’s passing/funeral. I don’t know how long they will have him staying around, but some vets will return for as much as up to 10 episodes. I most certainly hope Bryan is one of them. Maybe he can talk some sense into Sami where E.J. is concerned.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.