Home Forums The Brady Pub 50 Members Already Signed Up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    imported_JennM
    Participant

And we haven’t been "live" for 12 hours yet!

Yep, it looks like folks are finding their way here.  I’m surprise because usually traffic here on the weekends is very slow.

I’m sure we’ll be back up to speed very shortly!

I too am still getting used to the new format.  I’m not sure what tweaks if any I can do, but I’ll see what we can do to make things as easy as possible to ease into!

Jenn

imported_JennM
    Participant

78 & counting…

Jenn

imported_JennM
    Participant

Wow!

imported_JennM
    Participant

Up to 200 users registered now!

Jenn

kprstrs
    Participant

All of your worries about switching over were for naught!!!  I am thrilled to be able to be a part of your new page.  It is awesome to be able to post here.  Thank you!!!

53tdogs
    Participant

Just curious on how many were on the "old" site…this is wonderful to have 200 folks to chat with about our show!  I know there were so many of us "lurkers" and we are just so thrilled now to be able to join in with the group!  This is a wonderful site – especially for someone like me – I’m recently retired and I check the site three or four times a day, just to keep up with the goings on – before and after watching the show.  I love the way the spoilers are separated.  Retirement days are busy and full; but this site is just one more thing to keep it that way, especially during the winter weather!  Thanks so much – it was a perfect time for me, for you to expand the site! 

imported_JennM
    Participant

We now have close to 450 members!

Jenn

Goody
    Participant

That is outstanding!! Thanks Jenn for making this possible for all of us.

Goody

June66watcher
    Participant

Hello, Pammydog.   I too was a constant lurker — every morning I’d open and read everything.  Was interesting to follow the ‘group’ with their opinions and personal lives.      I, like you, am retired now so we’ll be seeing each other on the board.

53tdogs
    Participant

Hi June66watcher!  Love it!  I know from your posts you’ve been watching a bit longer than I have (me – just since June 1991).  I came to watching "Days" under somewhat unique circumstances – stuck captive in a hospital for six weeks due to a car accident.  My fellow roomate in the hospital was an avid fan and chatted and each day told me about this person or that person on the show and when I left the hospital to go home – I was hooked.  So unless the electricity went out, I haven’t missed a day of "Days" since – (thanks to the VCR and now DVR’s). 

I love all the rich history that you longer time fans can bring – because with this site, I can ask a question that I have about the show and (even with the Internet – you can’t always find the answer) about what happened or why this person is doing what they are doing and get a great answer – and a great discussion.  

I’ve even met a good friend through the commonality of interest of "Days" over the web almost ten years ago  – I thought she lived some where back east, south or elsewhere – lo and behold – 40 miles down the road from me!  Days friends are always around the corner – especially at Salem Place site!

imported_JennM
    Participant

I’m not sure.  There were over 400 registered on the old Main Board but that was over an 11-year period (well several of the last years I didn’t take new members) … there were plenty who were registered that no longer posted.

Jenn

53tdogs
    Participant

with 400 member (new and old) in just a few short days!  Congrats again on a great site!

Bonbon
    Participant

I got hooked on Days while in the hospital too.  Well, first, my mom watched it and had to leave for her senior citizen meeting before it was over and would ask me to watch the last 10 minutes to tell her what happened.

But then I was in the hospital for a month with back traction then surgery and I watched the game shows every day.  Days came on right after the last game show so, since I pretty much knew the characters, I would keep it on and watch it.  Well, the rest is history.  That was in March, 1959!

I too am retired now but I still record it so as to skip the commercials.  And I have missed very few episodes, only when the VCR or DVD malfunctioned or there were pre-emptions.  I’ll tell ya, this stuff is worse than heroin!

53tdogs
    Participant

Hahahahaha!  Maybe they should put a warning or disclaimer like they do on all those commercials on t.v. now that says:

‘Warning watching this show may come with side effects: You may become a life long addict to "Days" (or others) while recuperating or other daily activities – side effects include – you may miss grocery shopping and other daily errands, take a sick day from work to make sure you don’t miss the very end of a SL that has gone on for the last year, ask friends to tape the show for you as a back up in case your VCR/DVR breaks while you are on vacation, order a pizza for dinner for three days at a time, get mad at your hubby/children/parents/dog if he/they accidentally erase the show on the VCR/DVR, watcher have been known to scream and throw pillows at politicians on the t.v. who may interrupt the show for an important political speech…’ 

(Guilty! as charged)

SW
    Participant

when I missed a huge scene that I had been looking forward to and I did the same for her.  lol   This was before my cable company finally got Soap Net which has saved me!  Funny thing is that it seems that the local network isn’t interrupting the show since the cable company put soap net on their line up.  I wonder if they realized that they’d lose their viewers by the constant interruptions? I used to go crazy when they’d interrupt for something that really could have waited an hour or 2 so that they could get the whole story before spending an half hour ‘guessing’ about what was happening/happened.  

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.