November 11, 2010 at 8:02 pm #1302
After watching the promos- which were really good btw! A few things came to mind that I wanted to share
1) Victor and Maggie may be my new "super-couple"….we need a touch of the "old" Days, and I am not referring to their ages. Victor and especially Maggie are staples of the show. Without Alice or Marlena, and with Caroline just being a babysitter…it makes since to have Maggie involved in a love story. I like the idea of her with Victor, she makes him softer,kinder and more likeable. This story-line has TONS of potential as opposed to the forced stories they have been shoving down our throats.
2) Sami and Rafe’s wedding…not that I don’t like the characters– but I am ready for a REAL Days wedding. I want that same "Bo and Hope" feeling…like you CAN NOT miss the wedding of the these two. The promos look like it will just be another quickie wedding in the park, i.e. Daniel and Chloe. Why not a big wedding? I know the reply is going to be budget…but a girl can hope can’t she?
3) Jennifer is back in town. So I guess this means Jack is not in the picture. Two feelings about this one….I’ll miss the comedic acting and them as a couple. The other emotion is that I love Melissa Reeve’s and her acting skills. So this may be an opportunity for a new storyline, a new couple, something fresh going on in Salem….if the writers dont screw it up.
4) Sami and EJ fighting over custody of the kids. Boring. Not thrilled about this at all.
5) Chad. They are going to have to give him some "zip" or his storyline will be another snooze-fest. Stefano is a fertile thing isn’t he? The actor who plays Chad is good…just hope they give him something to work with.
6) and finally….I am BEGGING, PLEADING, and PRAYING that Salem celebrates the Holidays this year. I was so disappointed last year. I know money is tight…but please decorate the sets, have some cookies and hot chocolate, show some snow, ice-skate, build snowmen, go shopping, wrap presents, do the things that we all do that make the holidays special…I am officially putting this on my Christmas wish list when I write SantaNovember 11, 2010 at 9:09 pm #18063majencoParticipant
Cornbread, I agree with every single thing you said!November 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm #18065DeeLanParticipant
DittoNovember 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm #1806853tdogsParticipant
of Maggie and Victor for all the reasons you said!
For number 2, how many times has Sami walked down the aisle in a fancy-smanchy wedding dress already…ho-hum… Especially, when we know Rafe and Sami aren’t going to last. How many times are the Salemites going to kick out bucks once again for a wedding present – how many toasters does Sami need even with four children? If Sami had any class (which she doesn’t), she would, (if she ablsolutely has to marry Rafe) go down to the JotP on a Thursday afternoon with just the court clerk as a witness. Then go to the pub to tell everyone and buy them a drink to celebrate – five or six times failure to be going down the aisle is a lifestyle not a marriage.
#3 – ditto again!!!! Please let Jennifer bring some new SL’s and blood to stagnationville (i.e. Salem).
#4 – It’s certainly a thrill-ride between those two; we know for a fact the writers are never going to let EJ / Sami come to grips with the family or themselves.
#5 – when Stephano finds out he has another son, the fireworks are going to be good for awhile, Kate is going to have to watch her keister, and EJ will have another thing to rant about. Chad has already show the famous DeMira temper many times, I just hope that he tones it down for our sakes – kid’s gotta right to be angry right now but a little bit goes a long way.
#6 – I heard (somewhere – here at SP???) that the Christmas show is going to be on the 27th? If so, that is really DUMB writers…if it can’t be on Christmas day which is fine by me – at least have the Salemites celebrating before the 25th of December and hanging the ornaments and the Christmas story being read…afterwards is so LAME!November 11, 2010 at 11:17 pm #18079SWParticipant
was pre-empted recently?November 11, 2010 at 11:20 pm #1808153tdogsParticipant
in the last few days…I think it’s a slight to Christmas by NBC but then that’s just my humble opinion that I can’t keep to myself.November 12, 2010 at 12:07 am #18089
I just had all of that on my mind and needed to say it to someone…and my dog is tired of listening! Haha
After re-reading…I agree with you on #2 Pammydog…we have seen Sami in too many wedding dresses. I guess I was hoping for something original…or MORE original than USUAL. Vegas wedding maybe?
And Dec. 27th is my birthday…kind of a let down if they do Salem Christmas afterwards- I agree.
For a change…I’m excited about the Magtor/Viggie pairing!November 12, 2010 at 1:19 am #18095
Agree or not I just LOVE your ‘name’!!! Cornbread…reminds me of Momma and home!!November 12, 2010 at 3:46 am #18099
I’m a good southern girl…accent and all. And I am pretty decent at baking cornbread too!November 12, 2010 at 7:31 am #18104
God has me in Iowa right now, but I am Kentucky born and bred. Appalachian Mountain region…you?November 12, 2010 at 4:18 pm #18106mommytutuParticipant
or grits, either way it’s corny. As for Maggie and Victor, I love them together. They have amazing chemistry and the actors have always been in my top 5 on Days. The can totally carry a scene and I am so happy to have them together. Victor will bring a little of the naughty out in Maggie and Maggie will bring out the sensitive side of Vic. I can’t wait to see them tear into Vivian after this mess.
Also, I want a real Christmas in Salem. My whole family is coming out from NC and my mom is a huge Days fan too. We will definitely enjoy seeing ornaments on trees and decorations at all of the homes. Please don’t let us down Days!November 12, 2010 at 6:45 pm #18111
Southwest Virginia…in the Southern Appalachians. Kentucky state line is 41 miles from my house…we are practically neighbors!November 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm #18112
OH MY!!! I am so healous of you right now!!! I was raised in Pine Knot (Close to the Tenn border) and then moved to the Lake Cumberland (Somerset area) when I was 9 years old. Go back at least once a year for a family reunion! I most definitely will be retiring there!November 13, 2010 at 4:24 am #18119
My son is a wrestler and spends summers in Iowa…I can’t remember the name of the town he likes. His coach is originally from Iowa…most of his summer is spent at the University of Iowa…but he says he always misses the mountains!November 13, 2010 at 10:11 am #18122zsuzsaParticipant
I’m from Mt. Sterling, about 35 mi. east of Lexington, and spent most of my time after high school in and around Lexington (part of it at U. of KY). My best friend lived in Somerset (Nancy) for a few years right after college, and I used to spend a lot of weekends down there. KY is so beautiful, especially in the fall, and I do miss it, but I’ve been on the Gulf Coast for 10 yrs. and don’t think I could take the winters anymore!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.