November 24, 2009 at 7:48 pm #29smittyarnieParticipant
Too cute not to pass on:
Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, the following P.C. phrases will replace outdated language:
Kentuckians, Tenesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "Hillbillies." You must now refer to them as "Appalachian-Americans."
How to speak about women and be politically correct:
1. She is not a "babe" or a "chick" – she is a "breasted American."
2. She is not "easy" – she is "horizontally accessbile."
3. She is not a "dumb blonde" – she is a "light-haired detour off the information superhighway."
4. She has not "been around" – she is a "previously enjoyed companion."
5. She does not "nag" you – she becomes "verbally repetitive."
6. She is not a "two-bit hooker" – she is a "low cost provider."
How to speak about men and be politically correct:
1. He does not have a "beer gut" – he has developed a "liquid grain storage facility."
2. He is not a "bad dancer" – his is "overly caucasian."
3. He does not "get lost all the time" – he "investigates alternative destinations."
4. He is not "balding" – he is in "follicle regression."
5. He does not act like a "total a**" – he develops a case of "rectal-cranial inversion."
6. It’s not his "crack" you see hanging out of his pants – it’s "rear cleavage."November 30, 2009 at 3:47 am #7993kprstrsParticipant
How funny!! I am originally a ‘Kentuckian’ and am proud to be from the Appalachian Mountains. It is beautiful country there and you can still call me a ‘hillbilly’ any time!November 30, 2009 at 12:24 pm #7994BonbonParticipant
While I enjoyed that and LOL, I really think political correctness has gone way to far in this country. Have we become such terrible whimps that we get so offended if someone says something that hurts our poor widdle feelings? I’m reminded of what my parents used to tell me when I was a kid and someone called me a name I didn’t like…sticks and stones. Why can’t everybody just maintain that attitude and consider the source from which it came. I think we’d all be better off. But no, they have to be chastized, require an apology, lose their job, or end up in court. It’s time for all of us to GROW UP!
Sorry for the rant but it’s something that really irks me.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.